Sunday 26 June 2011

Pancakes

Pancakes as I know it, is served as a kind of dessert on a Thursday night after pea soup. That's how a lot of Swedish people do it, and that's how my mum did it. I have now picked up a much better habit from a dear friend: Pancakes for breakfast on a Saturday morning! Probably not what the health visitor would recommend, but oh so nice, and a real treat for the family. This weekend included bananas and leftover strawberries from Midsummer Eve.  


3 eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1¾ cup flour (4,4 dl)
2 cups milk (5 dl)
1tsp vanilla essence (optional)
butter or margarine for frying 

Beat eggs and sugar fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients little by little while beating. Fry each pancake in a small bit of butter or margarine on medium heat. 
Serve with whatever you fancy! I always have jam on the table, my husband's nostalgia calls for sugar and cinnamon, our newly picked up habit is golden syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment