Wednesday 13 July 2011

Potato wedges

There are no better potato wedges than home made ones!


8 good sized potatoes 
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp allspice


Peel potatoes and cut into wedges. Spread in an oven-proof dish. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle the allspice over the wedges. Give it a good mix so that all wedges are covered. 
I find I get the best result when I cut the wedges and let stand for 30mins to an hour in oil and spice before cooking. Some of the water in the potatoes starts to come out and they seem to cook more evenly in the oven. 


Bake on 180 degrees for about 40 minutes, stirring about every 10minutes. If the wedges start to stick in the corners or edges pour a little water (about 1 tbsp in each side of the tray)


My the spice I use is my favourite Swedish spice for any occassion: GRILLKRYDDA.




Most allspices will work so find one that works for you! 
Allspice and bbq spice are good. Caribbean spice is good but quite spicy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment